Friday, October 3, 2008

Learning to Drink Whiskey and Other Important Tasks

Yesterday, I learned how to drink whiskey. It was a big night for me. I'm so close to Scotland, and Lauren-a fellow Green student-loves it. I thought it was the right time. I've never had whiskey in any form before, let alone strait up, in a tumbler, and without ice or water (I did have a glass of water on hand in case it was necessary. It was).

Turns out, I actually kind of enjoyed it. I've always wanted to drink something that was old enough to order itself, and whiskey definitely fits the bill.

Guess my education began a few days early after all...

4 comments:

Raleigh said...

Whiskey is to drinking what barebacking is to horseback riding. Don't get me wrong, the saddle's fine for someone who just wants to know what it's like to be up on a horse, and if you want to call yourself a rider we'll let you get away with it...but the barebackers know that to really know what's beautiful about the horse you need to get rid of everything between you and the horse, and experience the pure platonic form of riding. In the alcohol cave, beer is just a shadow dancing on the wall.

You didn't say what kind of whiskey you were drinking, but if you get into it, you should definitely develop the habit of tending towards scotch.

Jennifer said...

I prefer either Scotch whiskey, Irish whiskey, or burbon whiskey. So, um, I guess I just like whiskey, and am glad that you also now enjoy it!

Cheers! Hope you had a great first day of "real" class!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erie!

Why does it come up with a "Possible Blogger Violation" warning page when I go to your blog? Weird...

(Ashley)

Anonymous said...

Um... also, I'm trying to subscribe to your blog via an RSS feed that I can put on my homepage, and it won't let me. :( Help me stay updated on your life!!